cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Point-to-point connection PowerPC-MicroBlaze???

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm searching the solution for connecting (point-point) between one PPC and one MB.

I know that we can use the bus FSL via the bridge FCB2FSL in PPC but there is the bus FCB only in Virtex 4.

I'm currently searching for the solution for all the family Virtex.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

The Microblaze does not need a bridge.  You add a FSL peripheral to a microblaze using the Create or Import Peripheral tool.  I don't think

you will find IP to add this in the system view.   Take a look at then menu item (i think under hardware) Create or Import Peripheral Tool.

or APPNOTE   http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp529.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

The Microblaze does not need a bridge.  You add a FSL peripheral to a microblaze using the Create or Import Peripheral tool.  I don't think

you will find IP to add this in the system view.   Take a look at then menu item (i think under hardware) Create or Import Peripheral Tool.

or APPNOTE   http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp529.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thank you,

I know that FSL is dedicated to MicroBlaze. And the appnote I've also read, but the design is version 6.1 and 6.2, I couldn't open it.

Thank you anyway for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

If you need to use a FSL it is not hard to create.  I used the above app note and created a FSL in version 10.1.  I did not need the old project to do this.

But the old project files can be used to help figure out what needs to be done.

0 Kudos