cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem of ML605 DDR3 Usage

Hi, I'm a newbie of FPGA user. So please forgive me if anyting seems rather stupid.

When I am running the petalinux demo of the ML605 board, I use "ftpget" command to transfer some picture data to the board, maybe into the DDR3 memory. However I can not get the knowledge of the address of these data, which may be used later. is there any methods I can figure out the address of the data?

Thanks

Best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There would not be an "address" for the data, the PetaLinux kernel would store it on the file system.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, So if I want to use the data in the petalinux fie system through directly reading  from the DDR3 memory, How Can I achieve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Your question is a bit unusual.  Your are running an OS on top of MicroBlaze in your system.  The environment that you are using in this case is a pure software environment. 

How exactly were you planning on accesing the "DDR3 Memory"?

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks!

Actually What I'm trying to do is firstly to transfer some data from PC to ML605 DDR3 Memory, which is completed via Ethernet Cable and "ftpget" command running on Petalinux OS, secondly to read the data in DDR3 memory using RTL Implementation and do some processing to the data.

So this is how the problem comes.

If this is not a good way to accomplish the two tasks ,could you please give me some suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos