cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drunken9

Question regarding the usage of DSP48E1 in Zynq7030

Hi everyone. I'm trying to implement 3D audio function using emmbeded DSP slices in the Zynq. I got DSP libray which is compiled with XDK and want to import the library to the DSP48E1 slice in the Zynq. The DSP library I got is consisted of HRTF (Head Related Transfer Functions). The HRTF is consisted of some FFT, phase compare, phase add, phase substraction and amplitude amplifying or attenuating. So, waht I wonder is can we import the library to the DSP slice and use? Please let me know. Thanks, S. J. Lee
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Are you talking about a software library? You cannot just take a software library and automatically map it to DSP slices in the FPGA fabric in the same way that you would re-compile it for a different processor architecture, if that's what you mean. Don't think of the DSP slice as a DSP *processor*. That's not what it is.

The closest thing to this would be to use high level tools such as HLS or SDSoC to help ease the work of pushing certain portions of the algorithm to hardware. However, you will still be responsible to do some level of partitioning and hardware design for implementing the algorithm.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos