Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

SPI bus on PS part of the zynq MPSoC

Hello,

I'm trying to use SPI bus on the ZCU102 board with a SPI ram memory device on a PMOD board. The Zynq is programmed as the SPI Master.

I've routed 4 lines of the SPI from the PS to EMIO: MOSI;MISO;SS,SCK.

I'm not running with Linux or in Bare Metal mode, but with a real time OS. The interface doesn't work,

I've read the TRM about this topics, but I have some questions :

The RPLL being programmed to 200Mhz.  The BAUD_RATE_DIV must be equal or high to 8 (25Mhz max). Is it correct ?

In my first test I'm just trying to read the device identification.To get this word (4 bytes long) , I need to send a one byte opcode (0x9F). My question is about the SCKL line : How many bytes I have to send to the TX_FIFO  (1 or 5) to maintain active the clock ?

In this case will l get 5 bytes in the FIFO ( 1 byte  = 0xFF which is the value acquires of the MISO line during opcode sending and 4 bytes from the memory device ) ?

Thanks for your help.

Philippe.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi,

We need to send/write1byte as a command followed by that need to receive/read a 4 bytes of device ID.

Inorder to read 4 bytes of data, we need to write 4 bytes of dummy data followed by the command.

So you need to write 5 Bytes of the data into the TXFIFO to maintain active clock.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu

0 Kudos