Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achafe
Visitor
Visitor

SmartConnect Failing Timing

Jump to solution

I am attempting to implement multiple Xilinx MIPI DSI cores on an Artix 7 and use the Smartconnect to interface with all of the AXI-Lite inputs. MIPI requires the AXI-Lite interface to run at 200Mhz but i am unable to get the SmartConnect to pass timing at this clock speed. I have attempted to modify the Advanced Properties to add extra pipelining registers in the failing paths, however whenever i do this the changes are reverted as soon as I revalidate the block diagram, and any attempt at building produces the same timing results. How can i clean up the SmartConnect timing? 

SC_adv_prop.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
demarco
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @achafe ,

Which version of the tools are you using? If it is before 2019.1, I recommend using AXI Interconnect to connect to AXI-Lite interfaces.

Starting in 2019.1, SmartConnect has undergone a lot of improvements to make it more timing and area comparable to AXI Interconnect. Before that, it was pretty inefficient.

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
demarco
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @achafe ,

Which version of the tools are you using? If it is before 2019.1, I recommend using AXI Interconnect to connect to AXI-Lite interfaces.

Starting in 2019.1, SmartConnect has undergone a lot of improvements to make it more timing and area comparable to AXI Interconnect. Before that, it was pretty inefficient.

Regards,

Deanna

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

achafe
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you! I will try that!

Amy

0 Kudos