Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tools for Zynq Ultrascale+ Device

Jump to solution

Hello, our design team has chosen to try out Xilinx FPGA's. We are looking at the Zync ultrascale+  XCZU7EV-2FFVF1517I device. I know that the FPGA side requires Vivado but I don't know what software tool to purchase for the SOC ARM development?

Can someone share what tools I need and programming pods?

Thanks,

Joe

<Edit: Title changed to match the topic>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tools for XC9500

Jump to solution
Hello, I've been using Altera for the past decade and they use Quartus for the FPGA side and DS-5 for the ARM development. So, you are saying that Vivado(HSL) does it all. Well, that will make my co-workers happy because they like doing everything in one IDE.

I'm exciting to try out Xilinx. I've heard that their Soc development tools are easier to use.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Jump to solution

You only need Vivado.   The SDK and Linux development is included.   Even Petalinux is free now.    There is an acceleration tool like SDAccel and SDSoc which can be added on top of Vivado, but this is only needed if you want to do the majority of the FPGA development in C/C++

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous

Also you can use Vivado HLS for free fee to compile from C code to bin file through Verilog HDL by Vivado HLS. (High level synthesis)

Other are same as @jmcclusk already mentioned before.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello, thanks for responding to my post. Is this the correct link to download the XSDK?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous

Yes. XSDK is for developing software on CPU (ex. ARM and Microblaze)

You can only develop software by XSDK.

If you want to develop whole SoC, you need Vivado(HSL) and/or SDx (some tools).

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello, I've been using Altera for the past decade and they use Quartus for the FPGA side and DS-5 for the ARM development. So, you are saying that Vivado(HSL) does it all. Well, that will make my co-workers happy because they like doing everything in one IDE.

I'm exciting to try out Xilinx. I've heard that their Soc development tools are easier to use.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos