Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clefebvre
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to connect to ps7_cortexa9

Hi !

I've already posted this topic on zedboard.org but I think it's relevant to repost it here.

I'm currently developping on a ZedBoard (Rev C) with a working design (tested). However, I haven't been able to launch any program (Hello World...) for some days and I get everytime the same error:

Blue LED is lighting after the FPGA is programmed but it seems the programming tool can't view any ARM device. I tried with the XDM command "connect arm hw" and I obtained the following answer:

JTAG chain configuration
--------------------------------------------------
Device ID Code IR Length Part Name
1 03727093 6 xc7z020
ERROR:
Could not find a ARM device on the board. Please check if the target is in:
1. Split JTAG mode - No operations are possible with ARM DAP
2. Non Jtag bootmode - Bootrom may need time to enable DAP. Please try again

Here is my configuration:
J17: USB programmation
J14: UART
JP2: closed
JP7-JP11 : to GND (JTAG config)
VADJ: 2V5
everything else opened

I'm working with Vivado 2015.1 under Windows 8.1 (but also tested with Win7)

Do you know, guys, what is this related to ? I've already searched on forums but the answers don't work for me.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

It is not detecting the fpga on the board. You said that this issue appeared recently.

Can you give some more depth on what changes were done from the time it was working properly?

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager

The MIO pins are rightly set for cascaded JTAG mode. Can you please try a different cable or board to eliminate cable/board related issues?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
clefebvre
Visitor
Visitor

@siktap : I think it's detecting the fpga but not the ARMs: I can download a bitstream and run a softcore Microblaze on it.
Not much changes were done. On the last Thursday, I tested a project with an adder as a slave AXI peripheral with UART communication and on Friday the same design didn't work... I had a lot a driver problems before Thursday but now it's working and I tested it with an other computer.

I really take care of the board (I avoid ESD, I switch off the board before changing any jumper ...). That's why I really don't understand the problem.

@smarell : I tested with other cables but I got the same result. I will test on an other board as soon as I can.

Thanks for helping me.

0 Kudos
bartok06
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, I have the exact problem with another developpement board ZC702. Did you solve your problem ? It has been two days that i'm looking for a solution... I hope the card is not NOK. Thank you
0 Kudos
deepika07
Observer
Observer

Were you able to find the solution?

I ran into the same problem with zc706

I can program the FPGA but it is not detecting ARM

0 Kudos