Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Understanding AXI Channels

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a newbie and am using the ZCU-104 board and have a question about AXI channels. 

I created a Block Design and added only in the PS IP and added in three AXI GPIO IP for the LEDs, Push Buttons, and User Switches. The default setting for the PS IP Block had two Master AXI ports. 

AXI_Lanes.png

I noticed that in the AXI Interconnect there are three AXI ports. 

Address_Table.jpg

I decided to experiment and only have one Master AXI in the PS:

AXI_lanes_one.jpg

So I see the AXI Interconnect still have three AXI outputs and one AXI inputs. Makes sense.

So I ask myself and the forum members how would this change the operation? One case I have 2 AXI Master lanes and another case I only have 1. What are the pros and cons? I'm just trying to figure out things.

Thank you,

Joe

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

In this case, there is no advantage to having two masters since only one will be used for transactions.  You can tell which one by looking at the address map in the Zynq Ultrascale Technical Reference Manual, specifically Table 10-1.  Since your peripherals are all at addresses that start with 0xAxxxxxxx, they are off the HPM0_FPD interface in that picture.  If you remove that interface, the tools should move the addresses to the remaining interface.

Nathan Sullivan - Senior Embedded Software Engineer - www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

In this case, there is no advantage to having two masters since only one will be used for transactions.  You can tell which one by looking at the address map in the Zynq Ultrascale Technical Reference Manual, specifically Table 10-1.  Since your peripherals are all at addresses that start with 0xAxxxxxxx, they are off the HPM0_FPD interface in that picture.  If you remove that interface, the tools should move the addresses to the remaining interface.

Nathan Sullivan - Senior Embedded Software Engineer - www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Thank you very much for answering my post.

0 Kudos