Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

VGA Implementation Hardware Image Generator

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on implementing a VGA interface on my ZYBO Zynq board. The application is simple, I control the image on the screen using assigned RGB switches on the board.

The application is included in a tutorial, where it's mentioned that the circuit operates at 25 MHz.

Synthesis works fine. I get the following problems attempting the implementation stage:

error.JPG

Attached, the VHDL code, and the .xdc constraints file.

Questions:

1) How to overcome these problems?

2) When to use Package_Pin and IOStandard LVCMOS, whether separately or together?

3) How to assign clock constraint for  a given project with specific frequency? (I tried to do this with many simple applications, and all failed to implement the clock frequency I assign)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The BIVC-1 error message indicates that there are conflicting IOSTANDARDs in one bank.

These IOSTANDARDs require different VCCOs.

The following debug steps can be used to analyze the indicated conflict:

1. Open the synthesized design.
  2. Check the ports in the I/O Ports window to examine the IOSTANDARD, Bank assignments, and other relevant attributes.
  3. Check the device SelectIO Resources User Guide (for example, (UG471) for 7 series devices) for details of IOSTANDARD conflicts.

For this design, sys_rst is LVCMOS33, requiring VCCO=3.3v and sys_clk_p is an LVDS_25 input.

As per (UG471), if the LVDS_25 input needs to use VCCO other than 2.5v, its DIFF_TERM property should be false.

By running the command below in the Tcl Console, it is found that the DIFF_TERM of sys_clk_p is 1:

get_property DIFF_TERM [get_ports sys_clk_p]

This issue can be resolved by setting DIFF_TERM property of sys_clk_p to false, as in the following example:

set_property DIFF_TERM false [get_ports sys_clk_p]

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The BIVC-1 error message indicates that there are conflicting IOSTANDARDs in one bank.

These IOSTANDARDs require different VCCOs.

The following debug steps can be used to analyze the indicated conflict:

1. Open the synthesized design.
  2. Check the ports in the I/O Ports window to examine the IOSTANDARD, Bank assignments, and other relevant attributes.
  3. Check the device SelectIO Resources User Guide (for example, (UG471) for 7 series devices) for details of IOSTANDARD conflicts.

For this design, sys_rst is LVCMOS33, requiring VCCO=3.3v and sys_clk_p is an LVDS_25 input.

As per (UG471), if the LVDS_25 input needs to use VCCO other than 2.5v, its DIFF_TERM property should be false.

By running the command below in the Tcl Console, it is found that the DIFF_TERM of sys_clk_p is 1:

get_property DIFF_TERM [get_ports sys_clk_p]

This issue can be resolved by setting DIFF_TERM property of sys_clk_p to false, as in the following example:

set_property DIFF_TERM false [get_ports sys_clk_p]

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
related post
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Memory-Interfaces/DRC-error-Conflicting-Vcc-voltages/td-p/696833
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@balkris Actually I got to that page before posting here, and I could not really get how to do these steps.

Also, I hope there's a possibility that you would, kindly, help me with my other questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

2) When to use Package_Pin and IOStandard LVCMOS, whether separately or together?
[] you can use together

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

When I checked the IO Ports, I found out that the default of the Vivado is to set all the ports to the LVCMOS18, while I use LVCMOS3 in my ZYBO.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos