cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raff5184
Visitor
Visitor

XAPP1026 multiple errors

Hi I'm trying to run the XAPP1026 on a ZedBoard to test TCP Tx and TCP Rx throughput. I tried form SDK and XSCT console but I have the following 4 issues.

1) With SDK  I have a problem on page 17 step 6 of the Application Note where it says "Similarly click the Application tab and provide the image.mfs." But my Application tab is empty (see image attached). 

It says that "image.mfs [...] is provided to show that the web server demonstration example works fine." But since I don't need web server, canI skip it?

2) Since SDK gave me the error, I tried tcl on page 19. First I run ps7_init_tcl. Then fpga -f design_1_wrapper.bit (and not bitstream.bit  I think the Application Note is obsolete).

3) connect rm hw  returns -> unexpected arguments: arm hw. Instead I used targets 2 (Where 2 is the ID of one of the two the ARM processors) but I am not sure if it has the same effect

4) dow socket_apps.elf  and  dow -data image.mfs 0x7200000  return->  Memory write error at 0x7200000. Cannot access DDR: the controller is held in reset

Of course when I execute the iperf -c 192.168.1.10 -i 5 -t 50 -w 64k on the host it returns: Failed: No route to host

screen1.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
savula

Hi @raff5184 ,

If you want to test only TCP Tx and TCP Rx throughput on Zed board then you don't need the image.mfs file (it is required only for Webserver application).

Please open the config_apps.h file and select the applications which you what to execute on board.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
raff5184
Visitor
Visitor

@savula  I did select only the throughput applications. But I still have those errors

0 Kudos