Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adiscb@gmail.com
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zync Soc MIO pin direction change

Hi,

I am using Vivado 2014.4 and Zedboard. I am facing one problem. Till Vivado 2014.2 it was possible to change the direction of PS GPIO MIO pins i.e we could make them in or out. But in Vivado this option is not there i.e they are fixed at inout setting. I am following one design in which some pins PS GPIO MIO has been made either in or out but not inpout. I am trying to replicate this design in VIVADO 2014.4 but when i am trying to make particular PS GPIO MIO in or out ,i am not able to do this is PS configuration window. 

Please tell me the solution.

Regards

Aditya

0 Kudos
5 Replies
glena

PS MIO GPIO direction is controlled in software.   Look at the gpiops driver examples in the SDK installation directory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@glena: it used to be that the default FSBL configuration of the GPIO tri-state and output values could be controlled in PS7 configuration in BD editor. This ability doesn't seem to exist anymore. How does one tell FSBL how to program the GPIO configuration?
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
glena

@muzaffer:  what version of Vivado are you referring to?  I checked back to 2015.2 and there the MIO GPIO are configured as inout with the options being pullup and speed.  This is the same as in 2016.3.  If a different GPIO configuration is desired in the FSBL, then those changes need to be made in the FSBL code.  A reasonable place to put this code would in FsblHookFallback.

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

@glena as the other poster mentions above 2014.2 had a way to set the direction (and potentially even the default value) in the PS7 configuration. As the hardware export is used to generate FSBL, I don't understand why we have to manually modify the FSBL code instead of changing the default in Vivado and have the FSBL generated properly, automatically.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
glena

I checked this in 2014.2 and have filed a CR to bring the GPIO MIO selection back to Vivado

0 Kudos