cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombsj
Observer
Observer

Zynq Ultrascale+ Selection

I am designing a system with the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC, and I was wondering what the best way to select which part number to use. I am aware how the ordering codes work and I am not asking literally, but for example: how do I select whether I need a dual-core or quad-core processor. Here's what I know so far:

• I do not need a graphics processor, or video codec
  • I need some number of DSP slices (not quite sure how many yet)
  • I need the industrial temperature range
  • I need several gigabit transceivers

Based on this, I know that I am looking at either the CG or EG devices, the EV seems like overkill. This effort is a redesign of a previously designed system, and I have been told that any Zynq is going to have enough processing power but I am trying to confirm that (and understand for my own purposes).

I have tried to look through available Xilinx documentation on product selection, but they compare the specs of the parts as opposed to talking about specific requirements of example applications (understandably). So the main question I want to answer, how do I figure out how much processor my application is going to need??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
florentw

Hi @tombsj,

You might want to read UG1228 - Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Embedded Design Methodology Guide, it will help you to go through the selection of a ZU+ device.

You might also want to contact an authorized distributor, they might help you in the selection of the correct device.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos