Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonzyz_bupt
Visitor
Visitor

add an axi-stream fft ipcore in Microblaze

Hi:

I'm using ISE 13.4 system suit and I want to implement an axi-stream fft core in my microblaze system.

I understand that the CIP Wizard cannot generate an peripheral that contains axi-lite and axi-stream both ,so I have to generate

an axi-lite peripheral and add 2 axi-stream bus. But I still have some problem:

1.both axi-stream master port and slaver port contain a input clock , how can I connect the axi-stream master and slave while both their clock are input?

2.fft core has a configuration interface, how can I translate the axi-lite signal to the fft configuration port? 

thank you very much!

Best Regards,

leon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Leon,

1. If you look at Xilinx pcores, most of them pull out the axi_aclk signals for every interface and the user needs to drive them appropriately. That is, the clock inputs are not part of the bus_if in the .mpd.

2. You will probably need a shim between axi lite and axi stream to drive the config port of the FFT.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
leonzyz_bupt
Visitor
Visitor

thank you for your reply!

1.  you mean I need make the clock of master and slaver axi-stream interface to be a port ,not included  in bus , is that right ?

2. I'm sorry I don't understand what is a shim , could you please explain it in detial?

0 Kudos