Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

could I adjust the frequency of ynq-7000 SOC below 667MHz

Jump to solution

I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not. And could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? I want to make SOC work at low frequentcy and low energy consumption. if we can adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz, what do I need to do? Need I modified a lot of code of driver or something else.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: could I adjust the frequency of ynq-7000 SOC below 667MHz

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

for Question "I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not"?

Yes, Zynq can work upto 1 GHz but it limited for only Z-7030, Z-7035,Z-7054 with speed grade -3. check below clock_zynq.PNG

could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? 

Yes, you can adjust the core frequency below 667 MHz. 

see the below image

cpu_freq_config.PNG

Here the range is from 50-800 MHz , you can set the core frequency in between these frequencies and no need to modify driver codes or any other stuff.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

for Question "I want  to know whether Zynq-7000 SOC can work at 667MHzm, 800MHz and 1GHz or not"?

Yes, Zynq can work upto 1 GHz but it limited for only Z-7030, Z-7035,Z-7054 with speed grade -3. check below clock_zynq.PNG

could I adjust the frequency of A9 core below 667MHz and make this SOC work normally? 

Yes, you can adjust the core frequency below 667 MHz. 

see the below image

cpu_freq_config.PNG

Here the range is from 50-800 MHz , you can set the core frequency in between these frequencies and no need to modify driver codes or any other stuff.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, and what can I do if I want to realize a low energy consumption FPGA board except adjust the frequency. For example, can i modify voltage supply or something else. (I don't care about the working speed no matter how bad it is)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @jeepe,

Please check this AR61980   https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61980.html

Here it is discussed about the  low energy consumption techniques for the Zynq7000 devices.

Best Regards,
Srikanth

0 Kudos