Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
songxin
Observer
Observer

critical warnings when designing zynq without DDR or FIXED IO

Hi,

The design is based on zynq without DDR or FIXED IO PORTS.

and I want the software to run on OCM(on chip memory) of zynq.instead of DDR.

However, I got the critical warnings. such as

"[Netlist 29-160] Cannot set property 'iostandard', because the property does not exist for objects of type 'pin'. .../sources_1/bd/design_1/ip/design_1_processing_system7_0_0/design_1_processing_system7_0_0.xdc":30]"

and etc.

It seems related to constraint file "design_1_processing_system7_0_0.xdc"

If I ignore the critical warnings, DRC error will pop out when running bitstream generate step.

Could somebody help me to work around this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Songxin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

Vivado IP integrator probably didn't anticipate this usage. You can do zynq without ddr and leave all ddr pins unconnected but you need to modify that xdc file and remove the ddr pin assignments so the downstream tools wouldn't complain.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
songxin
Observer
Observer

Thanks.

But I found .xdc is marked as read-only.

Is there any other solution?

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

actually I was able to start a new block diagram, add zynq to it and go all the way through the bitmap generation without ddr attached. I think once you do automation, the xdc file is created and you are stuck with it. Try not doing the automation on zynq. ie when you do the automation, unselect the ps/zynq component.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
songxin
Observer
Observer

Hi, muzaffer,

Thanks for what you have done.

I tried not to run block automation from the very beginning, but it still pops out the critical warnings about the .xdc.

Actually,before I post the questions, I came across some cases where bitstream could be generated without error.

The problem seems like this. in "smaller" projects which may contain fewer PL other than PS, the bitstream generations seems smooth.

However, in "larger" projects, the btistream will encounter error due to those critical warnings..

I wondered why?

0 Kudos