Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hondachuang
Visitor
Visitor

uart ip missed with the xsa file generated in Vivado Linux

Hi,

I am creating a project on Pynq-Z2 for some IP test. I did initial setup in Windows 10 with Vivado 2020.2. I can create the platform with Vitis 2020.2 on Windows from the exported xsa file, as well as an application that can program the IP via APB bus and dump message in terminal of Vitis.

Since the IP need to be full test with some cores in Linux, I built the exactly same Vivado project on redhat. and export the xsa to folder shared with Windows 10. I can create the platform project with the xsa in Vitis 2020.2 on Windows. But when I tried to create application based on helloworld, Vitis prohibit me with 'uart ip' not available.

I compared the ps7 in Vivado block for the Linux version and Windows version, but I cannot tell the difference. I even build the same xsa on Ubuntu, but I got same result as I found in redhat build.

I then compare the mss file for the bsp. They are different.

The one generated for the platform created with Windows xsa is 

BEGIN OS
PARAMETER OS_NAME = standalone
PARAMETER OS_VER = 7.3
PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = ps7_cortexa9_0
PARAMETER stdin = ps7_uart_0
PARAMETER stdout = ps7_uart_0
END

and it has driver

BEGIN DRIVER
PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = uartps
PARAMETER DRIVER_VER = 3.10
PARAMETER HW_INSTANCE = ps7_uart_0
END

BEGIN DRIVER
PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = usbps
PARAMETER DRIVER_VER = 2.6
PARAMETER HW_INSTANCE = ps7_usb_0
END

But the one generated from the xsa exported from Linux Vivado shows:

BEGIN OS
PARAMETER OS_NAME = standalone
PARAMETER OS_VER = 7.3
PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = ps7_cortexa9_0
PARAMETER stdin = ps7_coresight_comp_0
PARAMETER stdout = ps7_coresight_comp_0
END

and it does not have the uartps driver.

How cn I resolve the issue? Should I tried to rebuild the xsa from Vivado with more investigation on the one built on Linux? Or can I simply replace the mss file with the one generated in Windows?

What's the rott cause of such issue?

Thank you very much.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
hondachuang
Visitor
Visitor

I found that the preset in Linux with the xml supplied by the board file does not work. I exported the Windows preset to TCL file and applied it in Linux, then the issue is solved.