cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Hello,

I am trying to send a signal to the PMOD port using functions in x.spips.h and x.spips.c with the zynq processor in MASTER MODE.I have enabled the SPI_0 port on Zynq processor and after implementing the design, assigned pins corresponding to PMOD port JA1. Now I want to send a byte to the MOSI line of SPI and check the value on oscilloscope or logic analyser. I have attached the image formats of block design and constraints file. 

Thanks in advance....

Tags (4)
SPI_blockdesign_SUCCESS.PNG
SPI_constraints_SUCCESS.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Hi @krishnachandrasekhar100 ,

This looks good.

Were you able to achieve the results as expected over oscilloscope?

What is the issue you are encountering?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: using PS SPI_0 on Zynq in master mode, transfer a byte to PMOD port and check on logic analyser

Yes, I got the expected output after removing lines 10 and 11 in the constraints file(shown in image of previous post) and adding appropriate code in SDK.

The issue was that I could not observe the clock and data signals on the oscilloscope when I connected probe. After applying the changes, I could observe the signals.

Thanks,

Chandrasekhar D

0 Kudos