cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

xapp1180 Microblaze reference design

Attempting to use the microblaze design documented in xapp1180 as the basis of a relatively simple embedded system - no Linux required. I can build the hardware fine and the provided "ready to download" applications of Hello_uart and Hello_mem run on the KC705. However, if I follow the instructions to build the software, I encounter two problems:

1) The project settings contain some hard links that the author may have inadvertently left in place - I  think it is possible to replace those with links relative to the workspace as they appear to point to xparameters.h file that is in the standalone BSP.

2) Even with the above changed such that the build of the applications proceeds without any errors (still some warnings??) the resulting elf files do not run as expected - there is no output to the console. Also, the resulting elf files are significantly smaller than the ones provided in the "ready to download" directory provided.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the build to work properly?

Note: Have tried this with s couple different versions of Vivado / SDK with the same results.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

Could you tell me which version of XAPP1180 are you trying?

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I'm having trouble with XAPP1180 also.

I'm using Vivado 2016.2.  I just downloaded the xapp1180 files via docnav today; the readme.txt says version 1.1 (for Vivado 2015.2).

I opened the project file and allowed Vivado to upgrade all the IP modules.  I configured to use the Vivado simulator.  When I attempt to run behavioral simulation I get the error:

export_ip_user_files -of_objects [get_files C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/design_1.bd] -no_script -force -quiet
export_simulation -of_objects [get_files C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/design_1.bd] -directory C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.ip_user_files/sim_scripts -ip_user_files_dir C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.ip_user_files -ipstatic_source_dir C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.ip_user_files/ipstatic -force -quiet
launch_simulation
Generating merged BMM file for the design top 'system_tb'...
INFO: [SIM-utils-51] Simulation object is 'sim_1'
ERROR: [Common 17-153] Param 'project.usePreCompiledXPMLibForSim' does not exist

while executing
"get_param project.usePreCompiledXPMLibForSim"
    (procedure "usf_xsim_setup_simulation" line 29)
    invoked from within
"usf_xsim_setup_simulation"
    (procedure "tclapp::xilinx::xsim::setup" line 19)
    invoked from within
"tclapp::xilinx::xsim::setup { -simset sim_1 -mode behavioral -run_dir C:/Sandbox/tmp/xapp1180/xapp1180/mb_ddr_simulation/project_1.sim/sim_1/behav -in..."
ERROR: [Vivado 12-4473] Detected error while running simulation. Please correct the issue and retry this operation.
ERROR: [Common 17-153] Param 'project.usePreCompiledXPMLibForSim' does not exist

I can't figure out where the named param is getting called out.

Thanks in advance..

ken

0 Kudos