UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rcordeau
Visitor

AXI Chip2Chip with Aurora 8b10b Compact 2-1 setting not sticking after validate

Hi,
I have been trying to use AXI Chip2Chip and Aurora 8b10b in designs on 2017.4 -> 2019.1 with a sample project on a 7015 chip. The Chip2Chip will default to Compact 1-1 and want to use 2 lanes of the Aurora. I only have 1 lane, and I set the Aurora up this way, but no matter what I do, when I set the Chip2Chip to Compact 2-1 (which uses 1 lane), Vivado reverts it back to Compact 1-1 (which uses 2 lanes). This doesn't happen in 2016.4.  What am I missing??

Thanks,

Rob

4 Replies
Visitor rcordeau
Visitor

Re: AXI Chip2Chip with Aurora 8b10b Compact 2-1 setting not sticking after validate

Well now I seem to know what it is - AXI Chip2Chip V5.0 will not do 32 bit. There is some bug that is preventing it. This problem doesn't exist in v4.2 of the IP. 

0 Kudos

Re: AXI Chip2Chip with Aurora 8b10b Compact 2-1 setting not sticking after validate

Hi @rcordeau,

Do you see the same behaviour with a fresh design? If so, please share a screenshot showing the Chip2Chip Bridge IP Re-customize window.

If not, could you share your design then?
If yes, in this case if your design do not has any custom IP, you can execute the command bellow on the Vivado Tcl Console:

write_bd_tcl <file_name.tcl>

and share the generated TCL file. (The generated TCL script, allows to re-create the project from scratch).
Otherwise, I could send you a link in private to be able to send me the whole project.

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Visitor mmuller
Visitor

I am seeing the same issue on 2018.3, with axi_chip2chip 5.0. As soon as I validate the design it switches back to Compact 1-1, which changes the number of lanes to 2; instead of 1.

Here is the relevant section of the tcl file:

# Create instance: axi_chip2chip_0, and set properties
  set axi_chip2chip_0 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:axi_chip2chip:5.0 axi_chip2chip_0 ]
  set_property -dict [ list \
   CONFIG.C_AURORA_WIDTH {1} \
   CONFIG.C_AXI_DATA_WIDTH {32} \
   CONFIG.C_AXI_STB_WIDTH {4} \
   CONFIG.C_ECC_ENABLE {false} \
   CONFIG.C_EN_AXI_LINK_HNDLR {true} \
   CONFIG.C_INTERFACE_MODE {1} \
   CONFIG.C_INTERFACE_TYPE {3} \
   CONFIG.C_NUM_OF_IO {20} \
 ] $axi_chip2chip_0

# Create instance: axi_chip2chip_0_aurora8, and set properties
  set axi_chip2chip_0_aurora8 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:aurora_8b10b:11.1 axi_chip2chip_0_aurora8 ]
  set_property -dict [ list \
   CONFIG.C_DRP_IF {false} \
   CONFIG.C_LANE_WIDTH {4} \
   CONFIG.C_LINE_RATE {6.25} \
   CONFIG.C_REFCLK_FREQUENCY {156.250} \
   CONFIG.C_USE_BYTESWAP {true} \
   CONFIG.C_USE_CRC {false} \
   CONFIG.Flow_Mode {None} \
   CONFIG.Interface_Mode {Framing} \
   CONFIG.SINGLEEND_GTREFCLK {true} \
   CONFIG.SINGLEEND_INITCLK {true} \
   CONFIG.SupportLevel {1} \
   CONFIG.TransceiverControl {true} \
 ] $axi_chip2chip_0_aurora8

0 Kudos
Observer michaelellis
Observer

@abouassi,

I am seeing the same problem with Vivdo 2019.1 using the AXI Chip2Chip Bridge 5.0.  I customize the IP and set the PHY Width to Compact 2-1 and say OK to exit the customize screen.  When I run Validate Design I get two critical warnings [BD 41-237] related to TDATA_NUM_BYTES mismatch, one for Tx and one for Rx.  If I then customize the IP I see that the PHY Width has reverted to Compact 1-1.  I also see odd messages in the TCL console when I exit the customize screen after changing the PHY Width.

See attached file for screenshots.

0 Kudos