UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

AXI ethernet scatter-gather mode interrupt example

Jump to solution

I am using the attached hardware design (AXI ethernet with DMA in sg mode) and I am using the xaxiethernet_example_intr_sgdma_1 (example provided in SDK for AXI ethernet).

However, the example does not run and throws the error: “Error committing the RxBD to HW”(XAxiDma)BdRingToHw function). I searched the forum to check if there are any threads related to it but so far I just found one thread which stated that I should keep the DMA in scatter-gather mode and allow unaligned transfer and both are enabled in my design. 

I understand that this has to do with the AXI DMA, however, I am unable to figure out the exact cause. Could someone let me know if there are any changes that should be made to run this example. I am using this ethernet fmc:http://ethernetfmc.com/

axiethernet2.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: AXI ethernet scatter-gather mode interrupt example

Jump to solution

Finally, I found the fix here: https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/commit/c6769786f21c734671b752a2d0ed4fb82c4d68b8#diff-044069a623322337a67daf0445a4a8d8

Add this line: XAxiDma_BdSetLength(Bd1Ptr, XAE_MAX_JUMBO_FRAME_SIZE,
RxRingPtr->MaxTransferLen);

and remove this: XAxiDma_BdSetLength(Bd1Ptr, sizeof(RxFrame), from the #else part!

Hope it'll help. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @bbhatt,

Could you try with below AXI DMA settings?

axi_dma_configuration.jpg

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply. I have same settings as mentioned, is there anything else that I could try? I ran an example on AXI DMA with FIFO (loopback) and it worked as expected, not sure what am I not doing correctly here.

axidma.png
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Finally, I found the fix here: https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/commit/c6769786f21c734671b752a2d0ed4fb82c4d68b8#diff-044069a623322337a67daf0445a4a8d8

Add this line: XAxiDma_BdSetLength(Bd1Ptr, XAE_MAX_JUMBO_FRAME_SIZE,
RxRingPtr->MaxTransferLen);

and remove this: XAxiDma_BdSetLength(Bd1Ptr, sizeof(RxFrame), from the #else part!

Hope it'll help. 

0 Kudos