UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor steve77
Visitor

Best way to interface with AXI Stream core

OK so I dont  want to use Zynq or some other embedded processor - and want to use an IP core that has AXI streaming interface.

I need a something that will

TRANSMIT:) pull data out of a NATIVE fifo or dual part memory and convert it to streaming master 

RECEIVE:) take a axi stream slave and pump it into a NATIVE fifo or dual part memory so i can read out of NATIVE interface  

there has got to be a simple way to do this - 

I looked at  the following :

1)  [custom logic that moves my data to/from axi_lite] => [axi streaming fifo core  ]  (stream)

2)  [custom logic that moves my data to/from axi_lite] => [axi  data mover core ]   (stream)

If the silly cores weren't encrypted it would be a snap to snip away all the AXI crap and drive the interface directy.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Best way to interface with AXI Stream core

HI @steve77,

If you want a template for IPs with AXI interfaces, create a new IP in vivado:

1. Tool > Create and package a new IP

2. Select create new AXI4 peripheral

3. Add the required interface (for example AXI-Lite master)

4. edit the IP

-> This will create a template you can use for an AXI interface (full/lite or stream)

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos