UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer sammy_verslype
Observer

Bootloader hangs in the middle of copying image

Hi,

I'm using a bootloader to load my application, which is stored in flash, into DDR2 RAM. When powering the board the loader begins and I can see the progress in my terminal window. Thing is, that it just stops after copying the first 2 lines of the image. After that nothing happens. No error, nothing..

Are there any tools available to debug this? At first it should be very helpfull if I could find if the problem is situated in the bootloader software or in the synthesized hardware. I'm using the bootloader that is automatically generated with XPS.

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Bootloader hangs in the middle of copying image

I would start with checking the DDR memory.  If it is failing on the first access or so, the memory controller is likely not calibrating, and so will hang the bus when accessed.  Try to perform a simple memory test. 

I hope this helps,

Dylan

0 Kudos
Observer sammy_verslype
Observer

I checked with downloading the .elf with XMD into DDR ram and then everything works fine. Could it be that the bootloader can't access the memory for whatever reason allthough the memory is working fine?

Sammy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor kblommen
Visitor

@sammy_verslype wrote:

I'm using a bootloader to load my application, which is stored in flash, into DDR2 RAM. When powering the board the loader begins and I can see the progress in my terminal window

Can you tell me how you did this? I'm using the xapp1026 version and the echo server.
Best regards

0 Kudos