UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor areslee
Visitor

Can I generate chip select signal myself when I using SPI master manual ss mode on ZYNQ

Jump to solution

I means don't use PS ss[0..2], I generate slave signal myself using PS's GPIOs, so I can have many ss signals to control many slaves

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Can I generate chip select signal myself when I using SPI master manual ss mode on ZYNQ

Jump to solution

If you only intend to use the controller in Master I/O mode AND manual slave select mode, I can't see why not. That arrangement will foreclose on the ability to use automatic SS mode, though. 

For the sake of flexibility, you might want to use EMIO for the SPI signals and all of your chip selects (EMIO GPIO). That way, you can combine them using logic in the PL and retain the possibility of using automatic SS mode. (This suggestion assumes your SPI speeds aren't so fast that they preclude using EMIO.) 

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Can I generate chip select signal myself when I using SPI master manual ss mode on ZYNQ

Jump to solution

If you only intend to use the controller in Master I/O mode AND manual slave select mode, I can't see why not. That arrangement will foreclose on the ability to use automatic SS mode, though. 

For the sake of flexibility, you might want to use EMIO for the SPI signals and all of your chip selects (EMIO GPIO). That way, you can combine them using logic in the PL and retain the possibility of using automatic SS mode. (This suggestion assumes your SPI speeds aren't so fast that they preclude using EMIO.) 

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Visitor areslee
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for replay, I will try it.

0 Kudos