UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant kenneth_lee
Participant

Can IP Peripheral connect to GPIO port?

Hi all, i have one question that regarding the Creating the IP Peripheral and interconnection to GPIO?

i have create an IP peripheral for ADC and i create a output port (from User logic.VHD) in order to let me collect the ADC output and link it to another GPIO port !!!! May i know is that possible???

i do it like that:

1. i create a external output port from my ADC peripheral to collect the 14-bits output from ADC (this output port do not have external connection)

2. then i back to XPS and rescan the user repositories and then the output port exist

3. then i create an GPIO and in XPS i "Make New connection" in PORT  tab

4. then in my ADC IP peripheral i connect the output port to the GPIO new connection

But ends up ERROR occur!!!!

ERROR:NgdBuild:76 - File "../implementation/adc_lcd_0_wrapper.ngc" cannot be
   merged into block "adc_lcd_0" (TYPE="adc_lcd_0_wrapper") because one or more
   pins on the block, including pin "ADC11<13>", were not found in the file.
   Please make sure that all pins on the instantiated component match pins in
   the lower-level design block (irrespective of case).  If there are bussed
   pins on this block, make sure that the upper-level and lower-level netlists
   use the same bus-naming convention.

May i know what i doing wrong and how can i do that? My main purpose is to let the ADC output can be "read" in my SDK program.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can IP Peripheral connect to GPIO port?

First, I'd like to say, you can just use CIP Wizard only to get the ADC data.

And regarding the error info, you should check your user logic HDL source code first.

Use the ISE project generated with CIP Wizard to  confirm the source code first. 

0 Kudos