UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor abdo.gaber
Visitor

Cannot connect to two Microblaze debug modules (MDM) using two Users (for example USER2 and USER3)

Hi All,

A simple Microblaze project has been created on Vivado, where the Microblaze debug module(MDM) has been configured to have USER2 (the default). Another project has been created, it is the same, however, its Microblaze debug module (MDM) has been configured to have USER3.  The resulting hdf files have been imported to have two SDK projects. Project1 can be executed well while project2 shows the following error message:

"no targets found with "name =~ "microblaze*#0" && bscan=="USER3"  && jtag_cable_name =~ "Platform Cable USB 0000105c9e2f01"". available targets:
  1* xc7vx485t
     2  MicroBlaze Debug Module at USER2
        3  MicroBlaze #0 (Running)

The question is how can I configure the USER from SDK side in each project (for example clip1: USER2 and clip2: USER3). I tried to use the instructions presented in (https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64003.html), however, it is related to old SDK 15.3

For the hardware: A single Jtag and FPGA (oxc7vx485tffg1158-3) are connected to the platform. The software versions are:

Vivado 14.4

SDK 17.1

Best Regards

Abdo

Tags (1)
microbalze.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Cannot connect to two Microblaze debug modules (MDM) using two Users (for example USER2 and USER3)

All tools must be the same release,

Vivado = SDK = 2017.1 for example.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot connect to two Microblaze debug modules (MDM) using two Users (for example USER2 and USER3)

Yeas as Austin said please use the same SDK and Vivado build. You will likely see other issues here too such as the bsp creation as the SDK will try to pull in the drivers based on the hw in the xml/ HDF file and these might be mismatched.
0 Kudos
Visitor abdo.gaber
Visitor

Many thanks for your support. If we meet the mentioned issue of bsp creation (a mismatch), what is the proposed workaround?

0 Kudos
Visitor abdo.gaber
Visitor

Hi All,

I repeated the test using Vivado 17.2 and SDK 17.2, and I still have the same error. Do you have another suggestion.

• Clip1 is working well (USER2)
  • Clip2 is not working (USER3)

Best Regards

Abdo

0 Kudos