Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Connecting lowest DDR2 address line to PS-DDR interface

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

Is there any case where you might not connect address-line A0 from your DDR2 chip to the A0 pin on the Zynq PS ddr controller interface?

I have a small x16 DDR2 memory in my project and seem to remember seeing the A0 line not being connected in other work. However, in all the Zynq example designs that I've looked at, the A0 pin on the DDR2 chip is wired up to the Zynq-PS DDR interface.

Regards,

DJE666

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting lowest DDR2 address line to PS-DDR interface

Jump to solution

Nooooo.  You should connect up the hardware in the obvious way: 0 to 0, etc.

You might be thinking of the mapping of AXI addresses to RAM addresses, which is covered by a mux inside the DDR RAM controller.  The RAM controller can switch between 16 and 32 bit modes, meaning that (respectively) 1 or 2 least significant AXI address bits don't get turned into RAM addresses (but they do get decoded for byte masks).

Allan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Nooooo.  You should connect up the hardware in the obvious way: 0 to 0, etc.

You might be thinking of the mapping of AXI addresses to RAM addresses, which is covered by a mux inside the DDR RAM controller.  The RAM controller can switch between 16 and 32 bit modes, meaning that (respectively) 1 or 2 least significant AXI address bits don't get turned into RAM addresses (but they do get decoded for byte masks).

Allan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Saving my Butt yet again. Ta. DJE666
0 Kudos