UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a FSBL project that loads two different baremetal applications in both Zynq CPUs respectively

I am trying to execute two different applications in both zynq cpus respectively. I have been searching how to accomplish this, but I still do not understand what I must do.

As far as I understand, I need to create a boot image containing both applications (called image partitions?). I do not know if this boot image is the place where I must say in which cpu each application executes, and, if so, how to do it.

I have seen an example (xapp1079-amp-bare-metal-cortex-a9, attached to this post) where it seems that the FSBL is the place where you must specify in which cpu each application executes, but I do not know how to configure it for that purpose (in the attached tutorial it is not eexplained or I have been unabled to find and understund it).

In addition, I am not soure about if it is mandatory to to add a FSBL application to the boot image.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Create a FSBL project that loads two different baremetal applications in both Zynq CPUs respectively

daniel.gaston.ochoa@alumnos.upm.es

You can run both without creating the FSBL. We did a video on this some time ago.

http://www.vitorian.com/x1/archives/587

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Create a FSBL project that loads two different baremetal applications in both Zynq CPUs respectively

daniel.gaston.ochoa@alumnos.upm.es Check out this 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/Running-bare-metal-on-two-cores-loaded-from-SD-card/m-p/833316#M38085

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos