UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

EDK IP core to recieve signal from ISE entity

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm searching for a way to design a custom IP core attached to the microblaze's PLB that can recieve (and interface) a signal generated by an entity created in ISE.

To accomplish this, I started an ISE project and programmed an entity which sends a two state signal as output, and then added an EDK source to the ISE project. Within the ISE project, i created the microblaze and its default cores using the BSB wizard. Next, i created the custom core and set an input port in user_logic (FEDATA_ACK : in STD_LOGIC;), however when i'm importing the created custom core (in EDK) with a very simple user logic written, i get an error in the import peripheral wizard:

ERROR:HDLParsers:851 -
   "C:/Development/CFtestsISE/CFtest/core/pcores/fe_in_controller_v1_00_a/hdl/vh
   dl/fe_in_controller.vhd" Line 707. Formal FEDATA_ACK of entity with no
   default value must be associated with an actual value.
ERROR:MDT - Parse Errors encountered in HDL source
WARNING:MDT - Unable to delete temparary project file
   C:\Development\CFtestsISE\CFtest\core\pcores\fe_in_controller.prj : 13

It complaints that i have to have an associated value with FEDATA_ACK, which in my case I want it to be the output of the ISE created entity. How can i make such interface?

Sorry about the double post in implementation section; i was not shure where to post this doubt.

Best,

JM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EDK IP core to recieve signal from ISE entity

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

Just check the obvious, did you add that port to the top level as well (fe_in_controller.vhd)?

-XF

Message Edited by xiaofeip on 05-22-2009 11:24 AM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi JM,

Just check the obvious, did you add that port to the top level as well (fe_in_controller.vhd)?

-XF

Message Edited by xiaofeip on 05-22-2009 11:24 AM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hehe, you got me. Yes, that was the problem.

Thanx,

JM

Message Edited by jmonteiro-dme on 05-22-2009 05:32 AM
0 Kudos