UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

ERROR on ETH0 when using ILA Core

Hello,

I'm using a bare-metal app on a microzed board. I use the onboard eth0 together with LWIP. If I use an ILA Core in my PL and I built the Bitstream, no error occures but in my application, ethernet isn't working.

If I go back to Vivado and take a look at the zynq processing system block, the PCW ENET0 PERIPHERAL FREQMHZ is red!

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have no idea what the problem should be.

I'm using Vivado 2014.4

Thanks for you help

eth0.png
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: ERROR on ETH0 when using ILA Core

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have no idea what the problem should be.

I can't say much, but such a think may happen due to timing problem at the FPGA interface. Specially the rx/tx Ethernet data timing. Due to wrong timing sometimes it is working by chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

thank you for your answer.

I have the problem still since I use the ILA Core. Before I never had the problem. How should the ILA core influence the timings at the ethernet interface?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

now i made a screenshot. please take a look

eth0.png
0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Hi,

I think I might have a theory from your latest SS.

The PLL in your design cannot generate the clock you need. The Ethernet module/design might not be receiving any clock for this error.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

Hi,

but the problem never happens without using the ILA Core.

My workarround is always if the error occures, I delete the ILA Core and place a new one. Then I can generate a new bitstream file in vivado where ethernet is working correctly. I can't generate a secound bitstream file with the same ILA Core.

Then I have to close vivado, delete the ila core, place a new ila core and generate bitstream....

0 Kudos