Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Error launching microblaze application: No target with ID 0 in the System

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using SDK 2016.3 and I have a Zynq device with a microblaze in the PL.

I am trying to download and execute an application on the microblaze. I can program the FPGA succesfully including the microblaze elf file. When I try to launch the application (Ran As -> Launch on Hardware (GDB)), I get the following error (see also attached piucture):

An internal error occurred during: "Launching Monitoring_MB.elf".
No Target with ID 0 in the System

Any suggestion?

Tags (2)
error-msg.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Error launching microblaze application: No target with ID 0 in the System

Jump to solution

Thanky you, balkris, for your suggestions.

I have tried to regenerate the linker script and I found an error in the in the hardware configuration: the memory was not enough to store the application.

Thus, I went back to Vivado to make more room in the BRAM. I run the whole synthesis and implementation process again, I exported the HW to SDK and the issue was solved. Although I cannot see any direct connection with the returned error (No target with ID 0).

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Is your project stored inside the workspace, or in a different folder? If it is stored outside of the workspace, then try creating a project inside the workspace and see if that helps.

The initialize bitstream with ELF should show all ELF's in the workspace. Maybe fixing the above would get things working. 

try these things

1. make sure the application, hw platform and BSP are all in the same folder, preferably within the workspace.

2. make sure that the linker script is generated within the app folder.

3. make sure that the app project references the correct BSP and the BSP project references the correct h/w platform. (Right click -> Project Properties -> References)

Apart from that, I cannot think of anything that would cause this situation to occur. Maybe you could describe your project structure (location on disk) to us?

Please check the following:

1. In your application's properties, click on Project References and make sure that the BSP project is referenced.

2. In your BSP project's properties, click on the Project References and make sure that the h/w platform is referenced.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanky you, balkris, for your suggestions.

I have tried to regenerate the linker script and I found an error in the in the hardware configuration: the memory was not enough to store the application.

Thus, I went back to Vivado to make more room in the BRAM. I run the whole synthesis and implementation process again, I exported the HW to SDK and the issue was solved. Although I cannot see any direct connection with the returned error (No target with ID 0).

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos