UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor martindreher
Visitor

Flip scl and sda on the MIO pins

Jump to solution

I have a board where I2C SCL is connected to MIO29 and SDA to MIO28.

The problem is, that in the MPSoC configuration the MIO28 is conntect to SCL and MIO to SDA.

Can I flip that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor nforrester
Visitor

Re: Flip scl and sda on the MIO pins

Jump to solution

Yes, the tables on Pages 608 and 783-4 of that Zynq Ultrascale+ TRM make it clear that there is no option for swapping the SCL and SDA pins.

4 Replies
Visitor nforrester
Visitor

Jump to solution

I don't think the MIO configuration has the ability to swap the pins.  You didn't say which device you are using, but if it is the Zynq-7000, you can look in the Technical Reference Manual:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf

Section B.28 System Level Control Registers (slcr)

shows the settings that are possible for for the MIO pins, MIO28 starts on page 1660.

0 Kudos
Visitor martindreher
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sorry, I'm using a Zynq Ultrascale+

But if I read the https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1085-zynq-ultrascale-trm.pdf manual correctly there is no change to flip scl and sda

0 Kudos
Visitor nforrester
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes, the tables on Pages 608 and 783-4 of that Zynq Ultrascale+ TRM make it clear that there is no option for swapping the SCL and SDA pins.

Highlighted
Visitor martindreher
Visitor

Jump to solution

@nforrester

Thank you for your help. Have a nice weekend.

0 Kudos