UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

GMII to RGMII with DMA

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am using a GMII - RGMII block in my design and I am interested in getting access to the received Ethernet data on PS. I would like to know if there is any way to get access to the data on PS. Also, are there any reference designs available on connecting DMA with GMII-RGMII block. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: GMII to RGMII with DMA

Jump to solution

are there any reference designs available on connecting DMA with GMII-RGMII block.

You are unlikely to find a reference design that does that, for the simple reason that most people wouldn't want to DMA the raw PCS-level data.  Instead, most designs will use an Ethernet MAC to process the PCS-level data, and DMA the results of that.

Assuming that's actually what you want to do (and that you have a Zynq), you have the option of using either a MAC IP core in the PL, or one of the MACs in the PS (which can be accessed via EMIO).

3 Replies

Jump to solution

are there any reference designs available on connecting DMA with GMII-RGMII block.

You are unlikely to find a reference design that does that, for the simple reason that most people wouldn't want to DMA the raw PCS-level data.  Instead, most designs will use an Ethernet MAC to process the PCS-level data, and DMA the results of that.

Assuming that's actually what you want to do (and that you have a Zynq), you have the option of using either a MAC IP core in the PL, or one of the MACs in the PS (which can be accessed via EMIO).

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Could you let me know if I can use AXI Ethernet block (AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem IP) and connect it to DMA using FIFO  (similar to how the ethernet works within PS).

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Participant fincs
Participant

Jump to solution

The output of the AXI Ethernet is an interface axi-stream. The core input axi-dma is an interface axi-stream. Therefore, they can be connected to each other.