UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Generate PWM signal with AXI timer and example code in xsdk

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

I’ve built a micro blaze system with axi-timer ip in place and connected the pwm output to one of the pmod connectors on my Arty S7 board. The Vivado project compiles so I’ve moved to the xsdk and generated a test SW project using one of the supplied templates. This also runs, but I cannot observe any signal change on the pmod pin.

My next move is to look at the pwm output in chipscope, but can anyone point me to a similar design that I can use as an example? In particular any simple C code to setup the AXI-Timer is for pwm operation.

ttfn,

dje666

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Generate PWM signal with AXI timer and example code in xsdk

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

Having rebuilt the Microblaze design from scratch I am now getting PWM output as expected.

I can't describe what I've dont differently, but all the default build processes have worked and I have PWM output on my scope.

Regards,

Dje666

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

The Mystery deepens. 

1) Simple Zynq design on MiniZed with Axi-Timer IP results in the generation of PWM output observed on a scope, and a series of messages on the xSDK terminal stating which of the four PWM output settings the system is currenlty processing.

2) The "same" deisgn built using a MicroBlaze processor results in the four messages being printed to the console in rapid succession and no output on the PWM pin. I am trying to understand why the Microblaze design is running through the SW with out pausing to generate the PWM output.

Is this an interrupt issue?

Any ideas greatfully recieved.

TTFN,.

DJE666 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear Forum,

Having rebuilt the Microblaze design from scratch I am now getting PWM output as expected.

I can't describe what I've dont differently, but all the default build processes have worked and I have PWM output on my scope.

Regards,

Dje666

View solution in original post