UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant leoeltipo
Participant

IP With block design and microblaze

Hello,

I want to do something that should be simple, but apparently it is not. I want to create a new IP. That new IP is created in a new project, using a block design as it eases connecting stuff. My IP also includes a microblaze processor.

I package my IP but, when I instantiate it in another project, the synthesis and implementation go well, but the processor is not in the address map. If I export the hardware, the processor does not show up in Xilinx SDK. Is there any way to package a custom IP with a microblaze, and expose the processor to the top level design that instantiates it?

By the way, Xilinx folks should find a better way of creating and easily editing IPs that contain block designs. I could not find the way to do this clean, and I always have to keep a vivado project just for editing the IP.

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IP With block design and microblaze

Hi @leoeltipo ,

We already have published an AR to package the Microblaze in BD and using it in another project. Please refer this AR: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67083.html

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Participant leoeltipo
Participant

Re: IP With block design and microblaze

Hi @savula ,

Thanks for the repply seems very interesting. However, I do not want to add the ELF file. I want the Microblaze to be discovered at the top level design. I could do this, but when I export the hardware, the microblaze in the IP does not get recognized by SDK so I cannot program it. Is there a way around it?

Thanks again,

Leo

0 Kudos