UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Increasing the size of Micoblaze local memory ?

Hi All,

I have a Microblaze processor which is designed based on Figure 1 - 1 (also attached) based on https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/microblaze_mcs/v3_0/pg116-microblaze-mcs.pdf

The Microblaze uses local memory which is a BRAM. I am wondering how we should increase the BRAM size of this microbalze ? 

The Xilinx PG116 document states that on page 6 " The memory sizes 4 kB, 8 kB, 16 kB, 32 kB, 64 kB and 128 kB require less resources, and should be used if possible.". ==> In my case, I need the local memory to be larger than 128 KB (Ideally, 256 KB). What is the best way of achieving this ?

1) Should I add another BRAM which has a size of 128 KB ? 

2) Or should I just increase the current size of local memory to 256 KB? If I do this, what are the implications ? Why Xilinx suggests using less than or equal to local memory of 128 KB?

Thanks,

bram_mb_size.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mentor watari
Mentor

Re: Increasing the size of Micoblaze local memory ?

Hi @akboken

I suggest to use DRAM as program and data section with AXI4 bus.

Would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos