UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is it possible to Cache data from DDR3 when facing with MicroBlaze in KC705?

Dear all,

I am using Vivado 2017.3 targeting a Kintex-7 with KC705 evaluation board.

I have a block design including Microblaze connected to MIG 7 Series DDR3 SDRAM and UART interface. I would like to load my C/C++ program written in SDK to the DDR3 and then execute and send resuts to the UART. I could do it by choosing the DDR3 memory in lscrip.ld file of SDK and it works properly. Now, for bigger C programs, loading them on the DDR3 and then reading back results will be very very slow.

I am wondering whether there is a way to cache loaded data from DDR3 to make easier for Microblaze to read and execute data from cache instead of DDR3.

Kind helps and guides are in advance appreciated.

Bestrs,

Daryon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Is it possible to Cache data from DDR3 when facing with MicroBlaze in KC705?

when you created the microblaze, was there an option to have local memory ?

Ive not done it for a good few years, but there used to be the option, which was then used to speed up the thing.

this might help

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/Microblaze-AXI-and-cache/td-p/182566

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>