UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie 0xffff

Microblaze MCS and XSDK RAM problem.

Hi, everyone! I'm fairly new with the whole softprocessor concept, so please bear with me! I'm using the Digilent Spartan 3 starter board with the XC3S1000 FPGA, and I've set up an Microblaze MCS in ISE-webpack program, since it seems that it is the only one compatible with that FPGA. 

I've tried to setup an Microblaze MCS, with 32 KB of block RAM which works, however  when I try to program it using the XSDK I get overflows errors when the code exceeds 16 KB. I'm not sure if it's an XSDK error or FPGA specific? Or perhaps because I'm using the free version of the Microblaze MCS? 

Thanks in advance, I hope the question makes sense!

Best regards,

0xFFFF 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Microblaze MCS and XSDK RAM problem.

Hi,

Did you export the hardware description to SDK from EDK after you changed to 32kbyte?

You also need update this file in SDK.

Göran

0 Kudos
Newbie 0xffff

Hi Goran!

Yes I did export the new hardware description, I actually made a whole new project! But it unfortunately still fails. I thought the problem might be within the Spartan3, since it works on a Spartan6 board! 

Best regards,

0xFFFF

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

So how does your linker script look like?

Has it define the local memory to be 16kb or 32kb?

Göran

0 Kudos