cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cores in Xilinx Vivdao

I need to develop a multi-thread application. I connected two Microblazes in the system, but in the SDK, I do not find any options to include both the cores. One of the cores is selected per project. I would like to run one thread on Microblaze_0 and another thread on Microblaze_0. Can any one help me around this?

sdk_microblaze.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Multiple cores in Xilinx Vivdao

Hi asanbasiri@gmail.com,

I am not sure which version of SDK you are using but in previous versions of SDKs using Xilkernel OS user could provides thread management functions such as pthreads for multithreads in Ublaze.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Multiple cores in Xilinx Vivdao

Thanks for your reply. The multi thread program is possible if multiple microbalzes (two cores in my case) are used. In the attached figure, we can choose one core from the SDK project. Mail box is used to connect both the cores. If you have the block diagram of two cores connected with mailbox, please let me know. I am searching the corresponding code in SDK. Here, one thread should be running on one core and another thread should be running on another core. Please do needful if possible.

0 Kudos