UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mimmori
Visitor

[Place Design Fail] Route PJTAG to FPGA IO through EMIO via Custom Logic

I am working on a project based on ZYNQ 7Z020.

I need to route PJTAG port from EMIO pins to FPGA pins not directly but through a multiplexer. I implemented the logic and all is ok except for TDO signal. I have a fail error during implementation phase.

Here the error: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (REQP-1581) obuf_loaded - OBUFT Zynq_ps_inst/processing_system7_0/inst/PJTAG_OBUFT_TRUE.jtag_obuft_inst pin O drives one or more invalid loads. The loads are: Zynq_pl_inst/jtag_ctrl_inst/r_jtag_ctrl/SYS_conn_jtdo_OBUF_inst_i_1

It seems related to OBUFT present in the PS and that I can't pass through any logic. Is it true? If no, how can I realize this function?

Regards,

Domenico

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: [Place Design Fail] Route PJTAG to FPGA IO through EMIO via Custom Logic

@mimmori you should have an output & a tri-state signal separately from PS and drive the actual tdo pin on PL with an assign which also controls the enable, ie:

output tdo;

wire tdo = tdo_tri ? 1'bz : tdo_out;

In other words you can't take the output of the OBUFT and drive it inside the FPGA. You need to take the inputs of the OBUFT (out & tri), take it through the PL and drive it at the PL IO as shown above.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@muzaffer I have the same problem. I found this table on the UG585:

pjtag.PNG

So it seems that the PJTAG port have 5 signals, with the TDO split into the data and the 3-state control.

But, in the block design (Vivado 2016.6), when I enable the PJTAG, it comes with only 4 signals, and the TDO does not have the 3-state control signal.

So it seems that there is a software limitation in doing what you suggest,

Is there an alternative way to do it, or I'm doing it in the wrong way?

regards

Davide

0 Kudos
Visitor mimmori
Visitor

@muzaffer wrote:

@mimmori you should have an output & a tri-state signal separately from PS and drive the actual tdo pin on PL with an assign which also controls the enable, ie:

output tdo;

wire tdo = tdo_tri ? 1'bz : tdo_out;

In other words you can't take the output of the OBUFT and drive it inside the FPGA. You need to take the inputs of the OBUFT (out & tri), take it through the PL and drive it at the PL IO as shown above.

@muzaffer I can not take off from block design the input of the OBUFT. I don't konw how to do that.

pjtag.PNG

Is there a way to bring out the TRI and the INPUT of the OBUFT instead of the output only?

0 Kudos

Three years have passed since this post and no solution.  The problem remains.

How do we access the TDO_EN pin on the Zynq block?  On the Device View, I can see that the PS block has separate pins for TDO and EN, but there is no obvious way to get access to these during the block design phase.  Help please, Xilinx.

0 Kudos