UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer thammer
Observer

Re-targeting BSP to new HW Platform

I am using SDK 2018.2.

While waiting for a custom HDF file for our application on a ZCU102, I started development using the pre-defined/"generic" ZCU102_hw_platform. Now that the new HDF is available, I created a new HW platform project and want to switch the BSP to use it.

According to Re-Targeting A BSP for a New Hardware Platform this should be a simple properties change. However, it has not worked for me. I should have been suspicious when I first opened the Properties -> Project References and there was no checkmark for the ZCU102_hw_platform as a referenced project. Adding the new design_1_wrapper_hw_platform project as a reference project did kick off a build of the BSP project and the dependent application project. However, digging into the details (xparameters.h specifically), I do not see any of the new items defined by our custom HDF.

If I look at the Board Support Package Settings of my BSP, I see that the Target Hardware has NOT been change (it still refers to the "generic" ZCU102_hw_platform project).

Is the link above incorrect? Via a wider search, I found an older(?) page that seems to say the same thing: Re-targeting software projects . 

Is there an alternative method to accomplish what I want?

Thanks!
.Tim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Re-targeting BSP to new HW Platform

Hi @thammer,

Just a guess: Did you try to clean all projects (including the BSP) and rebuild them all to make sure the BSP is correct re-built for your new HW platform?

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Re-targeting BSP to new HW Platform

It depends on the design, I saw issue if HDF design has been changed a lot, then the BSP would have issue getting updated from new HDF design.
But I don’t see this issue in 2018.3.
If you want to keep in 2018.2, you might need to create a new BSP per your new HDF.
0 Kudos