UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor savadi
Visitor

Simple Doubt On GPIO Function?

Hi engineers,

For your info, I am using:-

1) FPGA V4(ML401)

2) ISE 9.2

3) EDK9.2

I am currently doing a project where the user will press a button and this will send the data to the hyperterminal. Later the system will receive the data and trigger the LED. Below is a simple diagram.

For example,

If press GPIO_North , LED_North  will trigger

If press GPIO_South , LED_South  will trigger

PUSH_BUTTON (GPIO_NORT)  ==> UART(Send) ==> HYPERTERMINAL (0x1) ====> UART(Receive) ==> LED(LED_North)

PUSH_BUTTON (GPIO_NORT)  ==> UART(Send) ==> HYPERTERMINAL (0x2) ====> UART(Receive) ==> LED(LED_South)

After reading EDK API , I understand how abit about the code.Below is what I know (coreect me if I am wrong)

1) For LEDs

XGpio_Initialize(LED_instance, BASEADDRESS_DEVICE_ID);

XGpio_SetDataDirection (LED_instance, CHANNEL, DIRECTION);  //In direction is 0x1, Out direction is 0x0

XGpio_DiscreteWrite (LED_instance,CHANNEL , LED);

/*

LED = 0x1 , trigger first LED pin in UCF

LED = 0x2 , trigger second LED pin in UCF

LED = 0x4 , trigger third LED pin in UCF

LED = 0x8 , trigger fourth  LED pin in UCF

*/  

2) For Push-Buttons

XGpio_Initialize(Button_instance, BASEADDRESS_DEVICE_ID);

XGpio_SetDataDirection (Button_instance, CHANNEL, DIRECTION);  //In direction is 0x1 , Out direction is 0x0

XGpio_DiscreteRead (Button_instance,CHANNEL );

/*

// Is this correct, or should I  insert PUSH_BUTTON

XGpio_DiscreteRead (Button_instance,CHANNEL, PUSH_BUTTON );

*/

3) For UART

XUartLite_SendByte (UART_BASEADDR_ID , DATA ); //Send Data to Hyperterminal

XUartLite_RecvByte(UART_BASEADDR_ID);                //Receive Data from Hyperterminal

My problem :-

1) For DiscreteRead in Push-Button, how does the system knows which button I clicked or pressed? Is the code is wrong ? If wrong , how should I write?

2) I want to do a program.When I click a button, the particular LED must be triggered. I do not know how to combine the LED with the PUSH-BUTTON. How should I write the code?

3) For UART, how can I write a code to receive a string from the hyperterminal?

Is there any reference that I can study?

TQ

0 Kudos