UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cookie6486
Visitor

TDR 14.2 Bad videosignal.

Jump to solution

Hi. I use ZC702 board and FMC-imageon card for my Sobel project. When i attach camera 1080p 60fps to my board, i see in the monitor awful green and very compressed image. What characteristics should have a camera to obtain a quality images.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: TDR 14.2 Bad videosignal.

Jump to solution

Hi cookie6486

I have some questions and some suggestions.

If your design use like AXI4 streaming IP, it might be format issue.

Could you make sure video format (ex. RGB888, YUV422 and data bus width (24bit, 16 bit...)) ?

I think that if you fix like this video format issue, "green video image issue" will be resolved.

By the way, what logic does it generate output video timing in Zynq ? Internal timing controller ? from camera ?

I guess that "sandstorm issue" is related with video format issue of internal streaming data and output video timing issue.

It is NOT appreciate each other. So, if you resolve video timing issue, "sandstorm issue" will be resolved.

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi cookie6486

I guess that input signal of the monitor is similar YUV and it's lack of UV.

Could you share your "awful green and very compressed image" ? (Put on this picture)

I may help you...

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor cookie6486
Visitor

Jump to solution

This is image every time when I launch this project.

WP_20161017_002.jpg
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi cookie6486

I have some questions.

When you change input video data to monitor, is there also change in "Awful green area" ?
And is there no change in "gray area like sandstome" ?

If these answers are all yes, input video data to monitor lacks at least sync signals or a camera doesn't output correct sync signals to monitor.

So, could you make sure the followings ?

1. Confirm output video mode of camera. Is this signal suitable for monitor ?
2. Confirm HSYNC and VSYNC. If possible, make sure horizontal frequency and vertical frequency.

Thank you.
Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor cookie6486
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi watari

I can't measure hsync and vsync signals yet. But yes, when I switched from 1080p to 720p, the green and sandstorm side remain in the same place. About green image I think it's a problem in gamma (camera transmit in sRGB, project receive in YCbCr 4:2:2). But problem of wrong resolution stay the same. If problem in camera, what characteristic must have the camera for good working with this project?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi cookie6486

I have some questions and some suggestions.

If your design use like AXI4 streaming IP, it might be format issue.

Could you make sure video format (ex. RGB888, YUV422 and data bus width (24bit, 16 bit...)) ?

I think that if you fix like this video format issue, "green video image issue" will be resolved.

By the way, what logic does it generate output video timing in Zynq ? Internal timing controller ? from camera ?

I guess that "sandstorm issue" is related with video format issue of internal streaming data and output video timing issue.

It is NOT appreciate each other. So, if you resolve video timing issue, "sandstorm issue" will be resolved.

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos