UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2018.3: UART Light not working

Howdy All !

Not really sure in what group to post this as this is related to Vivado 2018.3 and UART Light.

Anyway, I maintain a bunch of reference designs, that we update to the latest Vivado suite as it becomes available.

With Vivado 2018.3, the UART Light stopped working. We use Xilinx development boards, and it doesn't seem to

matter what FPGA I target (Virtex 7, Kintex 7, Artix 7) the result is the same, no more TTY output from the UART Light.

I have created a simple test with a Microblaze, AXI Bram, and UART Light. Using the Sample "Hello World" Application - No UART output with Vivado 2018.3. If I create the same design in Vivado 2017.3, the UART/TTY output is as expected.

Attached is a complete archive of the UART Test design, all Xilinx components.

Any help/pointers appreicated !

I use CentOS 7.

Thanks,

rudi

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Vivado 2018.3: UART Light not working

Hi @asics.ws ,

Have you verified if BSP setting is proper for UART port in design against stdin/stdout?

This might cause no prints of applicatione execution.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Praveen,

yes, I have.

I regenerated it from scratch 3 times. Everything looks like it is properly connected.

The design is attached to my original post.

Thanks,

rudi

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Attached are two screen shots that show the relevant settings.

And again, the same design works just fine with Vivado 2017.4. All problems started with Vivado 2018.3.

uart1.jpg
uart2.jpg
0 Kudos