UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xxzjwydxwzy
Visitor

What project should be created when using XPS and SDK to add embedded processor in ISE

Hi,

I would like to add a embedded processor in my ISE project, I used XPS to add this processor and want to program the embedded processor in SDK, but I don't know what project type can I use. Should I use general "C project" type or I should use the project types down Xilinx, which are "Application Project", "Board Support Package" and "Hardware Platform Specification". Which one should I use? And whats the difference between them?

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor xxzjwydxwzy
Visitor

Re: What project should be created when using XPS and SDK to add embedded processor in ISE

Since what I found in tutorial, it said that using Xilinx C project type, but ISE suite 14.7 doesn't have Xilinx C project type. I wonder which project type relates to Xilinx C project type?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: What project should be created when using XPS and SDK to add embedded processor in ISE

Hi @xxzjwydxwzy ,

First you need to start with EDK (XPS). Please go through the step by step tutorial here: https://indico.desy.de/indico/event/7001/session/3/contribution/5/material/slides/0.pdf

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos