UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer arturo_pg
Observer

XPPU error when enabling isolation at FSBL stage 4

Jump to solution

This question is very related to the AR#71015. I generated an isolated system following the guidelines explained in:

and I concluded with this setup:

APU no secure:

1.png

APU secure:

2.png

PMU:

3.png

RPU:

4.png

On that system I could:

• Boot Linux on the APU running on the high memory (above 0x8_0000_0000)
  • Launch standalone apps on the R5 processors from the SDK

But I couldn't run standalone apps on the R5 processors when booting from the SD running the FSBL on the A53 processors. For this reason, I added the CRL_APB (secure) module to the RPU as explained on the AR#71015. But that solution is not working. Could you check my setup?

I don't know how to do this:

"... or modify the code to route CRL_APB access to the PMUFW using xilpm" (which is the other solution explained on the AR#71015)

If I bypass the isolation configuration in the FSBL, it works.

My final goal is to run Linux from the high memory on the APU and standalone/RTOS apps from the low memory on the RPU while sharing some part of the memory. I could do that using v2017.3 of the Vivado tools when the isolation was not enabled.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer arturo_pg
Observer

Re: XPPU error when enabling isolation at FSBL stage 4

Jump to solution

I found the solution:

I had to add the RPU node to the APU-secure subsystem. It is necessary because the FSBL put the R5 cores in Lovec/Hivec in the function XFsbl_UpdateResetVector.

Now I can launch standalone apps on the R5 processors from the SD with isolation enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer arturo_pg
Observer

Jump to solution

I found the solution:

I had to add the RPU node to the APU-secure subsystem. It is necessary because the FSBL put the R5 cores in Lovec/Hivec in the function XFsbl_UpdateResetVector.

Now I can launch standalone apps on the R5 processors from the SD with isolation enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I noticed you referenced xapp1320.  I just released a major update to that document (revision 2.0).  Additionally, Vivado release 2019.1 has a default "secure system" that address some of these concerns as] well.