UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer vsavu
Observer

ZCU104 U-Boot read MAC from EEPROM

Jump to solution

Reading the MAC address from EEPROM in U-Boot was explicitly disabled in a commit that claims the MAC address is not present:

https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx/commit/60595f1dd12036234b0fd9a56a6e115df0e86cf8#diff-ed2db60b23ec7b82575af6f0546d9068

On my board it is. Hexdump of relevant section (xxxx is the real MAC address as printed on the label):

0000020: xxxx xxxx xxxx ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff

Can this commit be safely reverted so that the board does not receive a random MAC at every boot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZCU104 U-Boot read MAC from EEPROM

Jump to solution

Surely a better fix would be to attempt to read the EEPROM.   If the read succeeds and the data looks like a valid MAC address (i.e. not broadcast or multicast, not all ones or all zeros), use it, otherwise use a random MAC address.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ZCU104 U-Boot read MAC from EEPROM

Jump to solution

Surely a better fix would be to attempt to read the EEPROM.   If the read succeeds and the data looks like a valid MAC address (i.e. not broadcast or multicast, not all ones or all zeros), use it, otherwise use a random MAC address.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos