UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

ZYNQ ZC702 PS and PL timing - writing to Custom IP port

Hi,
I am working on a project involving both the PS and PL sections of zynq zc702.
I have created my own custom IP. But the problem is I can't seem to get the timing right.
Is there any way to wait or keep in hold the processing of both PL and PS till the value in my custom IP output port is updated??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZYNQ ZC702 PS and PL timing - writing to Custom IP port

i think you can use interrupts
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62107.html
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62107.html
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug821-zynq-7000-swdev.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks. But could you tell me how using interrupts would solve this timing problem?? I do not understand it
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

what does your IP's interface to PS look like?
The easiest is to make an axi-lite port to which the PS can write to start processing (after writing data maybe) and then loop on a bit in the register address-space to see if the IP has completed processing. If you don't want to loop, you can also make the IP create an interrupt to signal completion.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I am using axi lite port. i am using 1 port to write data to IP from PS, 1 port to send a signal to ip to start processing and another port from PL to ps to indicate ip has finished processing.I also have used 2 o/p ports to get o/p from PL to PS
I have mapped these ports to the axi slave registers to make it accessible from PS as well.
But the timing does not come out right.
For example when 1 of my o/p ports is to be FFFFFFFF; when I try to print out the value in that slave register, it comes up as 111EEFF..hen 111FEF ..EF11FF and so forth??
Won't the ports and slave registers update their values simultaneously?? Is that the problem??
0 Kudos