UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zc706 board Clock Pins

Jump to solution

I am trying to blink my zc706 board but I dont know which clock pins to use also I cant find io standart lvds or lvds_25 on my Vivado 2015.4 I/O Port list .I read some other question but I didnt get the idea of diff clock I just simply blink leds of my zc706 board thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Zc706 board Clock Pins

Jump to solution

You can use any clock if all you're trying to do is to get a quick LED blinking design going. I would just use the 200MHz 2.5 LVDS system clock. Pin/port locations are given in the user guide UG954.

You're not seeing LVDS in the IO port list because you haven't' connected the input FPGA clock capable pins to a differential IO buffer. Just connect your input to an IBUFDS for example. Use the IBUFDS output to source your design load. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@nisanurbakir Did you go through UG954 http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/ug954-zc706-eval-board-xc7z045-ap-soc.pdf

Check Appendix C that will list the constraints of the system clock and what IO standards to use for LED's. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I checked this list but I dont know which clock to use to control leds also lvds or lvds_25 io standards not on the vivado io port list
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You can use any clock if all you're trying to do is to get a quick LED blinking design going. I would just use the 200MHz 2.5 LVDS system clock. Pin/port locations are given in the user guide UG954.

You're not seeing LVDS in the IO port list because you haven't' connected the input FPGA clock capable pins to a differential IO buffer. Just connect your input to an IBUFDS for example. Use the IBUFDS output to source your design load. 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos