UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jan_ch
Visitor

Zedboard clock configuration - range(MHZ) form -2 to -1 in Vivado 2018.3

Jump to solution
Frequency range {-2, -1} when using zedboard preset only in vivado 2018.3

Hello, 

I have a strange problem. I am creating a new project for Zedboard, adding the Zynq7 processing system IP and trying to configure it (Current preset: Zedboard, tab Clock Configuration).

In vivado 2018.1 i have normal ranges like:

DDR - 200.000000 : 534:000000

FCLK_CLK0 - 0.100000 : 250.000000

While in the Vivado 2018.3 the above ranges are from -2: -1. 

Because of that, I cannot set the FCLK_CLK0 frequency for example to 75 MHZ because Vivado shows the Validation error param PCW_FPGA0_PERIPHERAL_FREQMHZ 75.000000 is out of the range {-2, -1}

Should I do something more? Did something change in Vivado 2018.3?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Zedboard clock configuration - range(MHZ) form -2 to -1 in Vivado 2018.3

Jump to solution

Hi @jan_ch ,

Please check my below screen shot. I took Zed board as template but I could not see what you are talking about. Please send me the test case for it. I will check and update again.

freq_check.PNG

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jan_ch ,

I do not see this behaviour at my end. The FCLK_CLK0 range is still 0.1000000 to 250.000 only. I aslo took the Zedboard template and verified this. I think there is something is missing at your end. Please cross verify it once. I am able to set the 75MHz clock for FCLK_CLK0 and validation is successful without any issue. In case if you are upgrading your design from 2018.1 to 2018.3 then I think there is some thing is missed while upgrading the design. in this case please remove the Zynq and add it again and configure it.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor jan_ch
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello, I am not upgrading. I am creating design from scratch. The design is for zedboard, then in block desing I am adding Zynq PS IP core, and trying to configure it. I have checked it on my home workstation with webpack as well as in the university with the full license. Every time in 2018.3 i have almost all the ranges from -2 to -1 while in 2018.1 there are normal ranges. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jan_ch ,

Please check my below screen shot. I took Zed board as template but I could not see what you are talking about. Please send me the test case for it. I will check and update again.

freq_check.PNG

Best Regards,
Srikanth

Visitor jan_ch
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, I've recreated the design in order to prepare bd.tcl for you, but now everything works.. I have no idea what i did wrong later. Thanks for Your help, and I will accept your last post as a solution.

0 Kudos
Observer rdrehmel
Observer

Jump to solution

I currently have the same problem in both Vivado 2018.3 and 2019.1.

Steps to reproduce on my machine: Ubuntu 18.04, Vivado 2018.3 or 2019.1

1. "File -> Project -> New..."
  2. Select part "xc7z010clg400-1"
  3. "Create Block Design"
  4. "Add IP...", "ZYNQ7 Processing System"
  5. "Customize Block..."

All sorts of ranges (including for FCLK_CLK0) are now from -2 to -1.

0 Kudos
Observer rdrehmel
Observer

Jump to solution
You're viewing the "Advanced Clocking" tab there, not the "Basic Clocking" tab. The ranges are wrong in the latter (on my machine).
0 Kudos