UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer arturo_pg
Observer

Zynq-7000 resources for RTEMS drivers and aplication development

Hi

I'm developing basic RTEMS applications for the Zedboard. What I have now is the OS running turning on/off a led thanks to application code I wrote to access this peripheral. What I really want to learn is how to write drivers in order to manage every peripheral from the OS (I mean HW peripheral and HW accelerator on the PL of the device and so on). I did this with a Linux OS following the xilinx-wiki

The question is:

-there are some tutorials and/or documents about this issue?

-is it possible to manage all the workflow of the project using xilinx tools (like SDK for example)?

-is it possible configure the PL of the FPGA runtime using the RTEMS whenever I want?

-Should I write the drivers by my self or is it possible to import them? if it is possible to import, from where? and if I should write the drivers by myself which step do you recommend me to follow (a tutorial will be appreciate)? 

I have tried to export the Xilinx drivers generated in the SDK but this is a very tedious task, even more because I have no experience writing Makefiles. The steps I followed were these:

- I moved the minimal necessary files from the Xilinx SDK to the folder with the RTEMS application sources.

- I modified the application Makefile to:

·Find all the new .c and .h files.

·Rename the .c files to .o, to got the object files.

·Generate the executable file depending on the new .o and .h files

I got a lot of errors because all the Xilinx files have a lot of dependencies and I should import almost of the drivers/include files.

Also It was very difficult because the RTEMS application Makefile depends on others files (.cfg, .inc...) so know all the dependencies, Makefile-variables... is complicated.

My last questions is:

-Has this procedure sense? (I know that in the SDK all the object files has to be linked using the linker-script, and I was doing nothing about this (I think, unless the cfg files of RTEMS make something similar))

If you know anything I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Zynq-7000 resources for RTEMS drivers and aplication development

Hi,

Did you get chance to refer to http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/RTEMS which gives information related to the support for Xilinx products.

Additionally, https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems/tree/master/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/xilinx-zynq.

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer arturo_pg
Observer

Re: Zynq-7000 resources for RTEMS drivers and aplication development

Hi pvenugo,

Those links were my starting point, what I need now is to extend the functionalities supported by the base BSP of the Zedboard by adding peripherals drivers to control, for example, HW accelerators into the PL.

0 Kudos